- Light Weight Scripting language
- Dynamic Typing
- Object-oriented programming support
- Functional Style
- Platform Independent
- Interpreted Language
- Async Processing
- Client-Side Validation
- More control in the browser
1. Light-Weight Scripting Language
2. Dynamic Typing
x then you can store either a string or a Number type value or an array or an object. This is known as dynamic typing.
3. Object-Oriented Programming Support
3. Functional Style
4. Platform Independent
5. Prototype-based Language
7. Interpreted Language
8. Async Processing
9. Client-side Validations
10. More control in Browser
- Detecting browser type, name OS version, etc information of the client for analysis.
- Extensive in-built library with many useful functions for validation, data type conversion, string operations, etc.
- Support for commonly used complex data types like array, Maps, List, etc. with support of in-built functions to operate on them.
1. Web Development
2. Web Applications
4. Server Applications
5. Web Servers
8. Smartwatch Apps
9. Mobile Apps
10. Flying Robots
- It can be used both in the front-end and back-end of web development
- Serves everyone from beginners to intermediate and even advanced developers
- Can run on all devices
- It does not need an environment setup
- Standardized and gets frequently updated with new versions
- Open Standards and Community
- Works with Document Object Model (DOM) for response to user interactions
- Transformed web browsers into application platforms
- Wide range of frameworks and libraries to help build complex applications
Additionally, when compared with other programming languages, it has fewer in-built libraries or frameworks, contributing to another reason for it being lightweight. However, this brings a drawback that we need to incorporate external libraries and frameworks.
The V8 engine initially uses an interpreter, to interpret the code. On further executions, the V8 engine finds patterns such as frequently executed functions, and frequently used variables, and compiles them to improve performance.
- Full integration with HTML/CSS.
- Simple things are done simply.
- Supported by all major browsers and enabled by default.