An Ethical Hacker exposes vulnerabilities in software to help business owners fix those security holes before a malicious hacker discovers them. In this free ethical hacking course, you will learn all about Ethical hacking lessons with loads of live hacking examples to make the subject matter clear. It is recommended you refer these Hacking Tutorials sequentially, one after the other to learn how to be a hacker. This free hacking course for beginners will help you learn all the ethical hacking concepts.
So you want to learn hacking, but don’t know where to start? Well, then you’re in luck! This article will provide everything that you need to know about Ethical Hacking. We are going to show you the basics of what hacking is and why it is important. Next, we’ll introduce you to some of the tools that hackers use every day. By the end of this article, you should be ready to start your own journey into the world of hacking!
What is Ethical Hacking?
Also known as “white hats,” ethical hackers are security experts that perform these security assessments. The proactive work they do helps to improve an organization’s security posture. With prior approval from the organization or owner of the IT asset, the mission of ethical hacking is opposite from malicious hacking.
Ethical hacking involves an authorized attempt to gain unauthorized access to a computer system, application, or data. Carrying out an ethical hack involves duplicating strategies and actions of malicious attackers. This practice helps to identify security vulnerabilities which can then be resolved before a malicious attacker has the opportunity to exploit them.
Ethical Hacking Course Syllabus
The term ethical hacking, more commonly referred to as White Hat in the industry today, is a skill that ranks amongst the top 3 skill. Organizations, corporations have to ensure that their infrastructure and systems are secured and breaches/attacks are kept at bay. Ethical Hacking to take you from the starting point through the finishing point of everything you need to know about this domain and getting started on the journey to master it. This ethical hacking course gives you an insight and its functions under the top 3 domains in the industry today. This course gives you the scoop into what are the foundations, processes, domains and outcomes from Ethical Hacking. In every domain of ethical hacking, you will understand the domain, it’s common attacks, and hacking methodology.
You will also learn about SQL injection, Cryptography along with it’s meathodology and control measures.
Take this ethical hacking course, you will learn how to set up a hacking lab and perform penetration testing to improve network security. This Hacking Courses are taught by instructors with real world expertise who provide ethical hacking training to arm you with skills and tools to keep your networks safe.
This free Ethical Hacking tutorial introduces you to the fundamental concepts every aspiring ethical hacker should know. It will introduce you to different types of ethical hackers and ethical hacking tools. Ethical hackers are granted access to a network to identify vulnerabilities in the system. This course is a great stepping stone on your journey to become a trusted cybersecurity professional.
Chapter 01: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Ethical Hacking – Overview
- How to Set Up a Personal Lab for Ethical Hacking?
- Information Security Threats and Attack Vectors
- Types of Hackers
- Types of Attacks on a System
- Information Security Controls
- Methodology of Ethical Hacking
- The role of Security and Penetration Tester
- Penetration Testing Methodologies
Chapter 02: Network Concept
- What is Networking in Ethical Hacking? Different Types of Networks
- What is IP Address in Networking?
- What Are Ports in Networking?
- What is OSI Model in Computer Networking?
- TCP/IP Model in Networking
- Understanding Domain Name and DNS (Domain Name System)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) in Computer Networking
- What is User Datagram Protocol (UDP) in Networking?
- What is Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) in Networking?
Chapter 03: Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Introduction To Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Footprinting Meathods and Types
- Footprinting Tools
- Footprinting through Search Engines
- Footprinting Using Advanced Google Hacking Techniques
- Footprinting through Social Networking Sites
- Website Footprinting
- Email Footprinting
- Footprinting IP Address
- Footprinting through Social Engineering
- Footprinting Pen Testing
- Footprinting Countermeasures
- Footprinting & Reconnaissance (Practical)
Chapter 04: Scanning Networks
- What is Network Scanning?
- Network Scanning Types
- Network Scanning Tools
- Check for Live Systems
- Check for Open Ports
- SCANNING BEYOND IDS AND FIREWALL
- Banner Grabbing
- Draw Network Diagrams
- Prepare Proxies
- Scanning Pen Testing
- Network Scanning Practical For Ethical Hacking
Chapter 05: Enumeration
- What Is Enumeration In Hacking ?
- Enumeration Types and Techniques in Ethical Hacking
- Enumeration Countermeasures
- Enumeration Methods Practical For Ethical Hacking
Chapter 06: Vlunerability Analysis
- Vulnerability Assessment in Ethical Hacking (Full Guide)
- Vulnerability Assessment Methodology
- Vulnerability Scanning, Tools, and Countermeasures
- Vulnerability Analysis Practical
Chapter 07: Vlunerability Analysis
- System Hacking Methodology (Detailed Guide)
- Cracking Passwords
- Escalating Privileges
- Executing Applications
- Hiding Files
- Covering Tracks
- System Hacking Practical
Chapter 08: Malware Threats
- Introduction to Malware
- Malware Analysis and It’s Types
- Worm, Virus & Trojan Horse: Ethical Hacking Guidance
- Rootkits, Spyware and Ransomware
- Malware Detection
- Malware Countermeasures
- How to Create Malware For Ethical Hacking?
Chapter 09: Sniffing
- Sniffing and its Types
- Different Types of Spoofing Attacks
- What are Active Sniffing Attacks?
- Sniffing Tools
- How to Detect Sniffing
- Sniffing Countermeasures
- How Sniffing Works? (Practical)
Chapter 10: Social Engineering
- What is Social Engineering Attack?
- Top Social Engineering Techniques
- Computer and Mobile Based Social Engineering
- Social Engineering – Impersonation on Social Networking Sites
- Social Engineering – How to Steal an Identity
- Social Engineering Countermeasures
- Social Engineering Practical
Chapter 11: Dos and DDoS Attacks
- DoS attacks and its Types
- DDoS Attack and It’s Types
- DoS/DDoS Attack Techniques
- DoS/DDoS Attack Tools
- DoS/DDoS Penetration Testing
- DoS (Denial of Service) Attack Practical
Chapter 12: Session Hijacking
- Session Hijacking and Its types
- Session Hijacking Process
- Application Level Session Hijacking
- Network-level Session Hijacking
- Session Hijacking Tools
- Session Hijacking Countermeasures
- How to Perform Session Hijacking? (Practical Guide)
Chapter 13: Hacking Web Servers & Applications
- Webserver Concepts In Ethical Hacking
- How to Hack a Web Server
- Webserver Attack Methodology
- How to Perform Web Server Attack? Practical Guide
- What Are Web Application Attacks and Their Methodology?
- Web Application Threats
- Web Application Hacking Tools
- Web Application Security Tool
- Hacking Web Application Control Measures
Chapter 14: SQL injections
Chapter 15: Hacking Wireless Networks
- Wireless Concepts
- Wireless Encryption
- Wireless Hacking Methodology
- Wireless Network Attack
- Wireless Hacking Tools
- Bluetooth Hacking
Chapter 16: Hacking Mobile Platform
- Mobile Platform Attack Vectors Explained
- OWASP Top 10 Mobile Vulnerabilities
- Mobile Device Security, Risks, Vulnerabilities, and Guidelines
- Important Concepts Related to Mobile Device Security
- How to Create Binary Payloads in Kali Linux?
- How to Create Binary Payloads in Kali Linux?
Chapter 17: Evading IDS/Firewalls
- Firewall Concepts
- Types of Network Firewall
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Firewall
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Ways of Detecting Attacks
Chapter 18: Cryptography
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Types of cryptography and It’s Algorithm
- Encryption Algorithms
- Email Encryption
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- How to Perform Cryptography? Practical
What are the basic requirements to learn Ethical Hacking?
Nothing! This Ethical Hacking Tutorial is an absolute beginner guide to learn hacking online.
Pros and Cons of Ethical Hacking
The blog section will discuss the pros and cons of ethical hacking. Ethical hacking is the process of testing a computer system, network, or application to find security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious hackers. Ethical hackers use the same skills and techniques as malicious hackers, but they do so with permission from the owner of the system and with the goal of improving security.
There are many benefits to ethical hacking, including improved security, identification of potential threats, and prevention of future attacks. However, there are also some risks associated with ethical hacking, such as damage to systems and unauthorized access to data. It is important to weigh these pros and cons before deciding whether or not to engage in ethical hacking.
–Improved security: By finding and fixing vulnerabilities, ethical hacking can help to improve the overall security of a system. This can protect against future attacks from both malicious hackers and accidental users.
–Identification of potential threats: Ethical hacking can identify potential threats that could be exploited by malicious hackers. This information can be used to improve security measures and prevent future attacks.
–Prevention of future attacks: By identifying vulnerabilities and fixing them, ethical hacking can help to prevent future attacks on a system.
–Damage to systems: If done improperly, ethical hacking can cause damage to systems. This can lead to downtime and lost data.
–Unauthorized access to data: Ethical hacking can give hackers access to sensitive data. This data may include passwords, financial information, and personal information.
–Legal issues: Ethical hacking can sometimes cross into legal territory. If hackers do not have permission from the owner of the system, they may be breaking the law.
Weighing the pros and cons of ethical hacking is important before deciding whether or not to engage in this activity. Overall, the benefits of ethical hacking outweigh the risks, but it is important to be aware of both before making a decision.
General Rules for Ethical Hacking
There are some general rules that ethical hackers should follow:
- Do not hack without permission. Always get explicit permission from the owner or system administrator before you attempt to hack into a system.
- Do not use your skills for personal gain or to harm others. Ethical hacking is all about using your knowledge for good, not for evil.
- Do not reveal your findings to the general public. Once you’ve found a security vulnerability, it’s important to keep it to yourself until the affected party has had a chance to fix the problem. Otherwise, you could be giving malicious hackers a roadmap to exploit the flaw.
What will you learn in this Ethical Hacking for Beginners Tutorial?
In this ethical hacking tutorial for beginners, you will learn how to hack for beginners free by learning concepts like Ethical hacking introduction, security threats, ethical hacking skills, Social engineering, Cryptography, Wireshark, DoS attack, SQL injection, hacking tools, web security vulnerabilities, and many more interesting ethical hacking concepts.
Why Learn a Hacking Course?
Information is one of the most valuable assets of an organization. Keeping information secure can protect an organization’s image and save an organization a lot of money. Many organizations and government agencies require ethical hackers to secure their resources and systems from cybercriminals. So, there are vast opportunities and ethical hackers jobs around the world. Learning ethical hacking will help you get a job as an ethical hacker or enhance your network and data security knowledge.
Benefits of an Ethical Hacking Career
If you’re interested in a career in ethical hacking, there are many benefits you can enjoy. Here are some of the top benefits of an ethical hacking career:
1. You can make a difference.
As an ethical hacker, you’ll be responsible for improving security systems and ensuring that companies and organizations are protected from cyber attacks. In other words, you’ll be playing a vital role in keeping people and businesses safe from harm.
2. You can earn a good salary.
Ethical hackers are in high demand, so you can expect to earn a handsome salary if you enter this field. In fact, the average salary for ethical hackers is $95,000 per year.
3. You can have a flexible career.
Ethical hacking is a field that offers plenty of opportunities for freelancers and those who want to work remotely. So if you’re looking for a career that offers flexibility, this is it.
4. You can use your creativity.
Hacking can be a creative process, and as an ethical hacker, you’ll need to use your creativity to find new ways to improve security systems and thwart cyber criminals.
5. You can learn new skills constantly .
The world of ethical hacking is always changing, so you’ll need to keep your skills up-to-date if you want to be successful in this field. Fortunately, there are plenty of resources available to help you stay on top of the latest trends and technologies.
Risks of Ethical Hacking
When it comes to ethical hacking, there are a few risks that you need to be aware of. First and foremost, if you’re not careful, you could easily end up breaking the law. Secondly, even if you do everything right, you could still end up causing serious damage to a company or individual’s computer system.
That being said, ethical hacking can be an incredibly powerful tool when used correctly. It can help companies identify security weaknesses and fix them before they’re exploited by malicious hackers. It can also help individuals secure their own systems and protect their data.
If you’re considering becoming an ethical hacker, just make sure you weigh the risks and benefits carefully before taking the plunge.
Why Choose Ethical Hacking as a Career?
Having a certification in Ethical Hacking will provide you with a good number of job opportunities. As a hacker, one should have an excellent knowledge of programming and coding skills which will help in cracking passwords and compromising with web servers, etc.
With the ever-growing popularity of ethical hacking as a career, more and more people are wondering if it is the right path for them. Here are some of the top reasons why ethical hacking can be a great career choice:
- It is a growing field
As more and more organizations become aware of the importance of cybersecurity, the demand for ethical hackers is only going to increase. This means that there will be plenty of opportunities for those with the skills and knowledge to enter the field.
- It can be very rewarding
Not only can ethical hacking be a well-paid career, but it can also be very satisfying to know that you are helping to keep people and organizations safe from cyber threats.
- It is always changing
One of the things that makes ethical hacking such an interesting career is that it is always evolving. New technologies and new threats are constantly emerging, so there is always something new to learn. This keeps things exciting and challenging, ensuring that you never get bored in your job.
- You can work from anywhere
Another great thing about ethical hacking is that it is not tied to any one location.
Ethical hacking is an important skill to learn in today’s digital age. With the right tools and guidance, anyone can become an ethical hacker. I hope this tutorial has provided you with the information you need to get started on your ethical hacking journey. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Happy hacking!
More Stuff to learn:
- Ethical Hacking Practice: Places and Websites
- The Best Cyber Security Books For Beginners
- 20+ Best Ethical Hacking Books For Beginners
- Top 10 Best Ethical Hacking Courses For Beginners
- Best Hacking App For Android
- How to be Anonymous – A beginners guide
- What Is The Dark Web? How To Access It And What You Will Discover
- How to Access the Dark Web Safely: Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Dox Someone: A Noob Friendly Guide
- How to Crack a Password