Best Web Hosting For Developers: These are the best web hosting plans for your websites, with great performance, great support, and great value.
It is essential to choose the best web hosting provider for your website and especially as a developer. The best web hosting providers ensure your website is up and running consistently. They also make sure your visitors don’t get a crash browser or a 404 error. They will also provide excellent customer support and won’t charge you too much.
Web hosting has become much easier over the years to suit the needs of those with very little or no programming experience.
This is a great thing, but web developers sometimes need a more complicated environment and a platform that allows them to control all aspects of their hosting packages.
What is Developer-Friendly Hosting?
There are thousands of hosting companies that offer different plans and services, as you probably know.
Your needs as a web developer are different from those of a small company or blogger.
Let’s discuss your hosting requirements.
A programmer would require a hosting deal that:
- This allows you to host and execute code written in the languages you use. PHP is a very popular language and comes standard on many hosts. However, if you use Python or Node.js you must take this into consideration. You can’t execute server-side Node.js or Java Server Pages on shared hosting plans.
- Reliable: They are web developers and need the right tools in order to create incredible applications.
- Scalability: Developers need to be able to adapt their environment to meet their needs.
- Reasonably priced: Hosting can quickly become expensive, so developers should carefully choose their provider to control their monthly hosting costs.
What is Front-End and Back-End Development?
The type of website you have will play a major role in the kind of hosting you can benefit from to test your code. There are two types of websites: dynamic and static.
While a dynamic website uses HTML files, it also makes use of server technologies like PHP to build a webpage dynamically when a visitor visits the page. The server finds different bits of information and then creates a coherent webpage for the user. Dynamic websites can use databases and flexible data.
What We Look For in the Best Web Hosting for Developers
While evaluating the best web hosting services for developers, I prioritized the following criteria:
- Adequate Resources. You don’t want to have to turn down potential clients because you don’t have enough storage, RAM, CPU, or bandwidth to accommodate database-driven web apps.
- Scalability. The ideal web host lets you scale up when you need more resources and scale down when you don’t. Pay-for-what-you-use models are preferable because they give you the flexibility to switch between different-sized projects.
- Developer Frameworks. In most cases, you can manually install the needed dependencies using SSH, but pre-configured PERL, PHP, Python, Ruby, or MySQL can save time.
- Debugging Support. A developer-friendly web host will meet you halfway: if you’ve got a high-level technical problem that you can’t wrap your head around, they should offer to debug.
- Security Features. Advanced security tools and secure virtualization architecture are always a plus, especially on shared and VPS plans.
- Reliability. Uptime guarantees backed by a service-level agreement (SLA) are a big plus. You need a reliable web host that is proactive in ensuring the highest possible uptime standards
Best shared hosting for developers
A type of web hosting that allows multiple websites to share the same server resources is called shared hosting. These hosting plans are typically the least expensive and have the lowest features.
For beginners and aspiring PHP developers, shared hosting is a great option. If you are looking for a different server-side language to PHP, however, shared hosting may not be the best option.
The pros of shared hosting
- Cheap (Offers start at $0.99/month!)
- For beginners, it is easy to use
Cons of shared web hosting
- There is no SSH access and there is no possibility to install anything.
- Speed and performance are limited
Hostinger currently offers the lowest prices on the market, starting at $0.99 per month. Hostinger offers a solid, basic service that is also free of charge.
Hostinger’s Starter Plan doesn’t come with a domain name. It has a 10 GB storage limit and 100GB bandwidth. There is no support for other server-side languages than PHP.
- PHP (Versions from 5.2 to 7.2).
- Custom control panel (but no CPanel)
- You can edit multiple php.ini options.
|Rapid Deployment Tools||Custom CPanel|
|Managed Support||Yes, for Cloud Plans|
|VPS Resources||1-8 cores, 1-8GB RAM, 20-160GB SSD|
|Extra Features||LiteSpeed Caching|
Bluehost, an American hosting company, was founded in 2003 in Utah. Bluehost hosts more than 20 million websites and is one of the most popular and well-known hosting providers in the world. Bluehost supports many server-side programming languages, including Ruby, Python, Ruby, and Perl. This is a strong point for developers. To install Node.js, you will need a Bluehost VPS server or a private server.
Bluehost offers dedicated, shared, and VPS server hosting. Plans start at $3.59 per month and come with a free domain for the first year.
- PHP 7.2
- MySQL databases
- SSL Free
- Perl 5
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Most affordable prices
- Free domain name
- Free CDN + SSL
- Great customer support
- Officially Recommended by WordPress
- 1-click WordPress install
- Higher domain renewal price
A2 Hosting is an Ann Arbor-based company. They have been in business since 2001 and offer many hosting services. The shared hosting plan is the best for small websites with low traffic.
A2 also offers windows hosting.
Best Cloud Hosting For Developers
Cloud hosting allows you to store data on multiple computers and then access it via a network connection such as the Internet. The cloud functions as a single computer with unlimited processing power and storage.
Cloud hosting’s main appeal is its ability to connect to the server via SSH and to install any technology you require. If you have an awesome Node.js application, you can install Node.js support and run your app smoothly from your cloud hosting.
Cloud hosting pros:
- A dedicated server is cheaper than an ordinary server
- Possibility to install anything on your server
- Amazing performance
Cloud hosting cons:
- Hosted hosting is more expensive than shared hosting
DigitalOcean, a New York-based cloud infrastructure provider, has data centers around the world.
DigitalOcean is a web hosting provider that focuses on developers. All packages include a 99.9% uptime warranty, extreme scalability, and SSH access, which allows you to install the things your clients need on your domain.
Digital Ocean Hosting Pros & Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using DigitalOcean hosting:
- Digital Ocean is truly a complete cloud engine that includes virtual machines, Kubernetes, app engines, storage, database, and many more.
- Their app engine is very easy, economical, scalable, and adaptable for web, rest API, and software development.
- Quick deployment.
- Affordable pricing.
- The server quality is great.
- Reliability is top-notch.
- Droplet backups are easy to enable and affordable.
- Documentation and tutorials are excellent.
- It could be a little hard for beginners.
- Even if you are not new to this, the setup of the server might take time.
- No live support is available for the user (although their ticket support is quite fast).
- Not offering some important pre-installed systems like Bitnami apps, ODOO, multisite WordPress, and a few others.
HostGator, which has hosted millions of websites over the past 25 years, is one of the most popular web hosting companies. HostGator provides a variety of web hosting plans that range from shared to dedicated. Their cloud hosting is the best value for money.
- Reliable Web Hosting
- Free Domain Name and SSL
- Free Business Email Address
- 1-click WordPress install
- 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Higher monthly Pricing
- Aggressive Upselling
Kinsta has quickly established itself as a popular WordPress hosting provider, thanks to its service performance and customer service.
Kinsta’s hosting plans provide all features needed for serious WordPress coding, great speed, a free SSL certificate, PHP 7.3 support, and expert-level email/live chat/phone customer support according to many hosting reviews.
- Solid speed: Kinsta’s loading speed was impressive when we tested it. It’s good for both your SEO and your user experience. The powerful CDN, free SSL, and last-gen PHP also give them points here.
- Uptime: nothing to complain about here, Kinsta runs virtually 100% of the time. If the rate drops below 99.9%, you get some money back. This is not bad at all, however, WP Engine guarantees 99.95% uptime in their service level agreement (SLA).
- Support: it’s via chat only, but Kinsta support is some of the best I’ve received.
- Server features and locations: 25+ locations worldwide to choose from.
- Ease of use: straightforward navigation and a pleasant user experience for those who need to spend a bit of time in their hosting provider dashboard.
- Team management: unlimited users and you can easily define permissions and roles, both at the company and site level.
- Site backups: you only get 14 days of automatic backups on the lower plans. You’ll need to move up to the Business 3 plan to get 20 days. Manual backups and cloud backups are also available. Backups can be downloaded too.
- Made for WordPress: that means the support team knows what they’re talking about, the architecture is optimized for the CMS, and you get useful resources on plugins and other WordPress-specific tools.
- Free migrations: Kinsta has a WordPress plugin for you to automatically migrate a site into Kinsta. But all plans also come with some professional migrations that Kinsta’s team will do on your behalf; not many other providers offer this.
- WordPress only: you won’t be able to install any other CMS on a Kinsta server.
- A lot of limits: no unlimited storage, CDN, or monthly visits. If you go over, you’ll be charged extra.
- Higher prices: Kinsta isn’t the cheapest managed WordPress hosting provider. You get what you pay for, but it’s not for everyone.
- Some WordPress plugins are banned: due to security and performance reasons, Kinsta bans the following plugins. This includes a range of external caching, backup, and optimization plugins.
Nestify is more than simply a piece of the server for website hosting; it offers a wide range of services. Nestify’s level of functionality for such a low price can’t be found anyplace else; even shared hosting is more expensive. All of the key features given by this web server are listed below.
- It has the capability to start a new WordPress website in only a few minutes.
- The infrastructure of the Nestify is powered by AWS (Amazon Web Services) and also the sites it hosts.
- It offers an integrated cache facility to its clients.
- It provides high-grade security features such as DDoS protection, malware protection, firewalls, etc.
- It offers a free SSL provided by Let’s Encrypt, which comes as a default setting for your site.
- It updates all the plugins, themes as well as the core with just a click.
- It renders its clients with automatic backups on demand. It also has a facility to restore all your data with just a click away.
- It also has an in-built content distribution network.
- It has the capability to roll back the website to the earlier stage with only one click.
- It has a unique feature called ‘self-heal.’
- It uses PHP 7.0 for better capabilities.
- It renders its customers with free setup and migration services.
Kamatera offers you a high level of customization that many other hosts simply can’t match. It allows you to build a cloud VPS from the ground up, setting the exact CPU, RAM, and storage you need. As visitor traffic to your website(s) fluctuates, you can scale these resources any way you please.
This also allows you to adjust the overall pricing of your server at any time. Kamatera bills by the second, so any resizing of your server’s resources will be reflected immediately. It’s easy to scale temporarily to deal with a surge in traffic without having to pay a monthly premium.
What’s extra nice is that Kamatera’s entry-level servers start at budget prices. If you just have a small project or prototype you’d like to run, you can get away with just paying a few dollars per month. However, Kamatera is best for those looking for an unmanaged server – while it does offer managed service, you can get a better deal on managed VPS elsewhere.
- Fast and dependable performance, backed up by powerful Intel Xeon processors and a 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Server images for common configurations – one-click installation of Linux & Windows OSs, cPanel, WordPress, and development frameworks
- 13 data centers across 4 major continents
- 30-day free trial grants you access to a single cloud VPS with $100 credit. You’ll also get a dedicated account manager for the duration of the trial.
|Rapid Deployment Tools||A large list of server images available with one-click installations|
|Managed Support||Optional add-on|
|VPS Resources||1-104 cores, 1-524GB RAM, 20-4000GB SSD|
|Extra Features||Extra services include a configurable cloud firewall, block storage, and load balancers|
|Features||Fully managed, free SSL, automated backups, GIT, and native control panel|
|Operating system||Linux and Windows|
|Best for||Bigger sites looking for a more powerful hosting solution|
Liquid Web is one of the best options when it comes to web hosting for developers. Interestingly enough, the service provider does not offer any shared hosting plans and is known for its Cloud and VPS hosting, which are very secure, reliable, and highly functional. So, if you’re looking for great performance and scalability options, Liquid Web might be exactly what you need.
Sounds like a really good option, right? Well, let’s explore what kind of tools does Liquid Web offer for developers:
- To begin with, the provider allows you to choose a control panel that you’re most comfortable with. You can either go with InterWorx, Plesk Web Pro, or cPanel Admin. However, keep in mind that InterWorx is a very functional one that’s already included in the plan.
- To make your job just a little easier, the provider offers Git support with all its plans. Git is a widely used control system that helps you to track changes made to the site and allows you to restore any particular version of it if there’s ever a need to.
- The provider also includes WP-CLI. It is a command-line interface form where you can manage a WordPress site. By using a set of commands, you’ll be able to update, backup, and simply administrate your site.
- Liquid Web is very confident in its ability to keep your site alive and well all the time. It’s so confident that you get a 100% SLA guarantee in place. More so, if the site happens to be down at any time, you’ll be compensated 10 times the amount of downtime.
- Lastly, if you’d like to sell hosting services to your clients, Liquid Web offers 3 reseller plans priced from $99/mo up to $259/mo.
In short, Liquid Web has many useful tools that can help you run and perfect your site easier.
It can be difficult for web developers to find the right hosting plan that showcases their coding abilities. There are so many providers to choose from. My view is that the most important aspect of selecting a web host is to identify and evaluate your requirements in terms of performance, resources, and server management.
Let’s summarize this review: Here are the top choices (most of them offering a money-back guarantee).
Happy Coding…. ☺️
About us: Codelivly is a platform designed to help newbie developers to find the proper guide and connect to training from basics to advance.